Since the New Year we have been considering the ways we can help families get active, mainly while the COVID-19 restrictions are in place, but in the longer term too. It can be tricky starting a New Year with the idea of helping your family be more active together but also keeping everyone interested, so we wanted to offer some simple but entertaining walks to start you off.
These Photo Trails could be just the thing to get you out and about as a family on local walks, trails and paths!
The collection of Photo Trails we’re building are all simple to follow – you don’t need map-reading skills, just follow the instructions and before you know it you’ll have had a great time getting active around our wonderful towns, villages and countryside. Your chosen trail might ask you some questions about what you see but there’s lots of opportunities to take pictures & selfies too!
A few things to think about when you are planning to go on your first photo trail:
- Although some families who walk regularly may wish to follow these trails, we’ve really thought about families who haven’t walked lots before so don’t worry if it’s your first time the instructions should be simple to follow and the walking is never too demanding!
- You may have a printed version of your first trail or you might be using one downloaded from our website – either is fine! To find your next walk just click on any of the maps below and keep checking back as we’ll add more maps throughout the Spring.
- We want to help the whole family stay active so have specifically designed these to be walked under adult supervision.
- Each map has advice on the length of the trail, the type of surface and might recommend wellies so that you know what you’re attempting before you set off.
- It’s understandable you’ll want to keep looking at your trail instructions but do make sure you and your family take care to watch where you are walking (especially around roads and rivers) – as well as avoiding problems you’ll be able to appreciate your surroundings more this way!
We really hope you enjoy these trails – once you’ve finished let us celebrate with you by posting some of the pictures you take to Twitter, Facebook or Instagram and tag in Vale Royal School Sport Partnership using the hashtag #familyphototrail