Reading in our schools
Reading at the Federation of Antrobus St Mark's and Great Budworth Primary Schools
We are determined that our pupils will develop a life long love of reading. We have placed some links below to a library of online story books and poems that the children can also enjoy at home.
As well as this there are lots of other things happening in our schools to develop a life long love of reading:
- Each school has a well stocked library that has plenty of books for the children to enjoy.
- At Antrobus St mark's the children take part in the 100 book challenge from Reception to Yr 6 where they are encouraged to read 100 of the best ever children's books.
- A t Great Budworth we have a new library area that has been built into the eaves of the school roof. It is a beautiful space, just right to while away some time with your favourite book.
- Each school has regular adult volunteers who come into the school each week to help the children with their reading.
- Each class has an author of the term, children learn about the author and read a range of ther books.
- Our fantastic PTFAs have donated money to each class to help us to set up cosy reading corners. We will be sahiring some photos of these areas once they are ready.
- We have moved to a new phonics scheme: Read Write Inc this is a fun, sysytematic phonics scheme which is really helping our early readers learn to read.