Spring Term - Invasion Games
Within this unit of work we are going to be learning to;
- travel forwards, backwards and sideways;
- change direction while travelling;
- travel with a ball using their feet and hands;
- change direction while travelling with a ball;
- use their feet to pass a ball to another player;
- use their hands to pass a ball to another player;
- pass a ball accurately to another player;
- pass a ball quickly to another player while in a game situation;
- travel with and pass a ball to another player to score points in a game.
Throwing and Catching
This half term we are going to be focusing on Throwing and Catching. We will be learning to
- catch from a variety of heights and distance
- recognise space during games
- show awareness of others during games
- throw using an under arm motion
- improve catching with both hands
- use quick fielding techniques to recover balls and beanbags.
On a Friday we have a PE coach where we will be having gymnastics including floor work and apparatus.